Aero Drum Ltd is actively working on the Solar Blimp for several years. The goal is to have a Blimp that is able to fly almost in definitively*. So far we have developed and tested several designs to come to the best possible blimp design with solar cells.
Tubular Blimps where tested in 2015 and 2016 (T- Blimp 1 and 2). Although promising the main problem where that the contemporary building materials are still too heavy to get successful working design. AeroGel as a new material will possibly permit further development of tubular blimps.
Around the world - NON STOP - Visionary Sponsorship
The technology available today and Aero Drum experience in airship building results in a fact that NON STOP around the globe flight with a Solar powered Airship is a – REALITY. We invite visionary sponsors to participate in that more spiritual than technological journey. This is a chance to prove "petrol heads" worldwide that the future isn't about "burning" but really about "energy synergy" with the world surrounding us. In this "egomaniacal" world every soul gained will ease the pressure and pass it to the next generation.
The initial assessments are that at least 15 million USD are necessary to build the prototypes, test them, build the actual Solar Airship and finance the around globe flight. The time frame up to the global flight is 2 to 4 years.
Price: 212.000 Euro
Production time: 3 to 5 months. Transport (Not in price) by FedEx or specified by the client.
* In definitively is restricted by helium refill, service and bad weather.
The current reality is that solar Blimps are a real possibility derived from existing building materials and technology. In design we turned to as simple solutions as possible. Minimum aerodynamic resistance and drag and direct drive are two main design features that, if respected, results in a functional Solar Blimp.
- 22 m x 2.3 m
- 45 m3
- Envelope 150 microns UK quality Polyurethane White
- Double welding technology
- Helium permeability maximum 0.5% on total volume daily
- Internal tubular ballonet to equalize internal pressure over time
- Intelligent internal pressure sensor and inflate/deflate system
- 5 kg of useful lift (Payload)
- 3 KW of solar films on top of the blimp
- Main motor Emrax 208 (320 or 125 V) 40 kW continuous 80 kW Peak power
- Lightweight fins with ailerons composite AeroGel/Carbon
- Aileron movement control Futaba FUTM0216 servos
- Double group of LiPo batteries (1 charging – 1 in use)
- Intelligent Power distribution - direct drive (from solar cells) or trough battery
- Auto pilot MicroPilot or other by choice (Optional)
- Payload up to 5 kg or more depending on setting
- Top speed 70-80 km/h – Cruise speed 40 to 50 km/h
- GPS Locator device
- Safety valve (manual or automatic)
- Futaba T16SZ
- Rail system for the move able gravity point of the Cabin and payload
Address: Vojislava Ilica 99a
Zip code: 11 000
Telephone: +381 11 4071580
Mobile: +381 64 56 37 679